Feeling Overwhelmed? Check Out These Cleaning Tips
Let’s face it. Sometimes the last thing you want to do is clean; the motivation just isn’t there. All of a sudden a week’s worth of cleaning becomes two weeks, which maybe turns into three. Soon enough you’re standing in your kitchen, living room, etc. and become completely paralyzed by the task at hand. It’s okay, we’re not judging (we’ve all been there). 2020 was a tough year on us all, and if you’re still feeling out of sorts, check out the following ways to help make cleaning a little less daunting.
1) Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Get your kids, spouse, whoever to jump in and help the cleaning process along. Depending on the severity of the mess, it is always easier with a couple helping hands. If you live alone or can’t think of anyone to give you a hand, feel free to contact us at Pura Vida Cleaning for guidance and a professional touch. We’d love to help you start your 2021 off on the right foot.
2) Before you start cleaning, take some time for YOU! Taking time to get centred before you start cleaning is an excellent way to minimize stress and frustration. Do you normally go to the gym in the morning? Meditate? Yoga? You may feel tempted to skip your self care routine to get a head start on cleaning; however, taking 10-15 minutes to focus on your well being will make a huge difference.
3) Before tackling the rooms and hallways in your home, remember to focus on the basics. The basics include cooking, laundry, dishes etc. – the stuff that has to get done no matter what. Focussing on the basics will help you feel less frazzled and disorganized in the long run.
4) Make a to do list. Making a to do list is a great way to get everything you have to do out of your head and onto paper. Your to do list can be comprised of what you have to do today, tomorrow, next week, month or year. After you write everything down, categorize and prioritize your list.
5) Break up your home into smaller, bite sized pieces. Instead of looking at (and inevitably stressing over) how much cleaning you have to do, tackle one room at a time. Make sure you do everything required for that one room before moving onto the next. This will help you stay focussed on the task at hand instead of flitting from room to room.
Get a couple laundry baskets or boxes ready before you start cleaning and label them. One might be for the living room, another for the bedroom. As you’re cleaning a room, put items that belong in a different area of the house in their designated basket. We recommend having another basket set aside for items to donate or sell at your next garage sale. Ultimately, getting rid of clutter will lead to less mess in the future.