Pet Series: How to Keep Your House Smelling Fresh With Pets
We all love our pets. But, let's be honest...they can leave behind all kinds of weird odours and funky smells. Thankfully, there are easy, natural ways to freshen up your home that won't harm you or your pet.
1) Use an air purifier. This is a must in the kitty litter box room, and if you have dogs. The air purifier does exactly what its name suggests - it purifies the air! It also helps remove pet hair and dander. Use an air purifier especially during the winter months when it's too cold to leave doors and windows open.
2) Wash your dog, or take them to the groomers regularly. At least once a month, give your dog a scrub down, or hire someone to do it for you. This is a no brainer - the cleaner your dog is, the less your home will smell.
3) During the spring/summer, let the fresh air in. Once the first signs of spring emerge, open up all the windows and doors and give your home a good air out. There is no use keeping your air purifier on when doing a full air out, as it will defeat its purpose.
4) Wash your pet's bedding, toys, leashes etc. At least every 2 weeks, give your pet's bedding a wash in warm soapy water. Unwashed bedding harbours smells over time and won't do you, or your pet, any favours.
5) Use baking soda to eliminate smells. Just like putting an open box of baking soda in your fridge will help manage unwanted odours, putting a box of baking soda near the kitty litter box, or next to your dog's bed, will help reduce the amount of smells travelling through your home.
6) Wash floors and vacuum regularly. Pet owners know how crucial this one is. If you're able to switch over to hardwood floors, we definitely recommend doing so.
Follow these 6 simple tips, and your home will be fresh (with pets) in no time!