What is Green Cleaning? How is it Good?
We've all heard the term "green cleaning" before, but what does it really mean? In a nutshell, green cleaning is using products and methods that are both environmentally friendly and rid of toxic chemicals. With so many different types of products on the market and conflicting information, it can be hard to know if you're making the right cleaning decisions for your home. Here is a list of green cleaning perks and products that are tried and true to help make your home a little greener today.
· Green cleaning products are rid of synthetic fragrances and pollutants that can harm the air, water and your health.
· Green cleaning reduces the amount of allergens in your home.
· New research has shown that chemicals in traditional cleaners have been connected with hormonal imbalances, cancer, infertility and more.
· Things to look for and avoid when buying cleaning products – artificial fragrances and colours, phosphates and chlorine.
· Determine if you want to purchase your green cleaning products or go the more traditional route and make them. Norwex is the number one brand Pura Vida recommends, but you can also try brands such as Simple Green or Green Works.
· If you want to go the traditional and less expensive route, here are some key household items to always have on hand:
o Baking soda – an all-purpose cleaner that can be used to degrease surfaces and much more.
o Lemon – high antiseptic and antibacterial properties makes lemon the ideal natural cleaner and disinfectant.
o White vinegar – a disinfectant and antibacterial, white vinegar is a diverse product that can be used for almost all of your cleaning. Try white vinegar diluted with water as a stain remover or as a deodorizer.
o Castile soap – a fantastic, biodegradable, all-natural foaming cleaner. Great for doing dishes.